Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 161

Thread: National Healthcare Now!

  1. #101
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Very few things in mine are limited expenses...as for neutral's comment about a 6 month wait for heart surgery...it wouldn't matter to me cuz I couldn't afford it in even 6 months withou going bankrupt in a year...so I guess I'd just croak with or without coverage. There are pros and cons to everything..and if doctor choice and a wait is the only cons to this program...it sure beats what we have now. BTW, the feds have enough power to force cooperation from docs and hospitals...or they could drive their costs up with tarrifs of sorts to make it so expensive to visit a non participating hosp. or doc. that nearly no one could afford it...they'd cooperate then or find a new profession.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #102
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Yes there are pros and cons, but in this case neither outway the other....

    What you are really lookin at is a situation that will destroy millions of jobs, and not really save anybody any money...

    Who in this dead economy is gonna hire the hundreds of thousands of people that work in health insurance in each state, making for millions in the country as a whole???

    One ting that will be good though...All of you will be paying for our healthcare, cause unemployed really don't pay no taxes, and somebody will have to pick up the slack....
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  3. #103
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    That is exactly what scribes thought when the printing press was invented...and folks that picked rocks from coal before machinery took over... Any job that involves buying or selling of a porduct will eventually become obsolete. But, that shouldn't get in the way of progress...and reigning in an industry which can't regulate itself or provide a decent coverage plan for the working man at a decent price is progress. Insurance companies and Dr.s have taken us for a ride for years...and the time to pay the piper will come for them to do the same eventually.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #104
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    good luck with the doctors, they ain't playin...They already ain't playin with the Cover TN, that was put in place for the people who can't afford healthcare....

    I'm not sayin keeping our job is standing in the way of progress, I'm saying we aren't gonna make any progress...We will be in the same shape as Canada, in a shorter time
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  5. #105
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Here are some articles I've read recently that outline the pitfalls of our existing healthcare

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20201807/

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20201807/

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12480260/from/ET/

    I'm still trying to find the one I read some months back. It was an article published by a doctor who realized the real problems with health care when he and a patient of his were diagnosed with the same type of cancer at the same time. His patient was poor. He wasn't. His patient died. The Dr. survived. His patient had to put off procedures due to lack of insurance and lack of cash, the Dr. didn't have to. (He wasn't treating his patient for this cancer - they both used oncologists)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #106
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    They can be forced to play or go to another country to practice. Nearly all will choose to stay here.

    I'm not at all concerned about job loses in the insurance industry. Just as Washington hasn't shown an iota of concern about the job loses caused by NAFTA and GATT.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #107
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Washington hasn't shown an iota of concern about the job loses caused by NAFTA and GATT. </div></div>

    I will give you an AMEN to that.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #108
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    The second link above reminded me that I saw a statistic recently which showed that something like 40% of people bankrupted by medical bills had insurance.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  9. #109
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    That is what I was saying...a state might not can force someone to comply with its agenda..but if the Feds ask the same it'll get done or the Doctor will find a new profession or country to practice in. All the feds have to do is include a signed paper from each doc ensuring that they will comply as part of the licensing procedure... and if they don't sign, they won't be eligible to practice in the US...if the dr.s think they are better than the rest of us, or want to play hardball..I'm sure the feds can play "harderball"
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #110
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They can be forced to play or go to another country to practice. Nearly all will choose to stay here. </div></div>


    Wait, Wait, Wait...

    This is a free country, they can stay and practice privately all they want....Or else it would be Dictatorship...

    They will simply stay and practice privately, for the people who are tired of waiting in lines...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •